Sunday 12 September 2010

RL Comment: Play-offs alive and well

Wow, what a game!

The word classic is often used by the sky commentary team but for once I believe them. I really enjoyed the Wigan/Leeds game. This was rugby how it was supposed to be played. It had everything - brilliant attacking plays, punishing defence, good kicks, poor kicks, play-acting, penalties, controversy... and it was only the end of week one!

It was a shame that the Wigan public didn't fully back the concept, not that the 12,177 crowd listed on sky was bad, but it is some 3000 short of the average. Anyway, that minus point apart, I can't wait til next week, where two more cracking games are on the cards.

Notice how I've not mentioned the score just in case someone hasn't seen the game yet.

I'll have more on a say on it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment